|Was considering a new top for my vintage 80's Dynamo Pro but was completely overwhelmed with sticker-shock regarding the $1200-$1400 cost for new tops! So instead, I'm turning to a few online forums to see what others think about some alternative "outside the box" thoughts/options I've come up with...|
1) Find/Buy a used 8ft (NON-DYNAMO) table (i.e. ESPN 8ft table)...
2) Pull the playing field from the ESPN table & see if it will match my 8ft DYNAMO(!?)
3) See if I can get the laminate playing field on my DYNAMO to separate/de-laminate from the MDF or whatever substrate it's stuck to(!?)
4) If all above options fall into place (as hoped) then find a suitable/durable paint, choose a new/awesome color and apply it to the ESPN table (because the current ESPN paint scheme is absolutely hideous!).
5) After painting the ESPN playing field with the proper paint, re-drill the holes from the opposite side to clear the paint, glue the painted ESPN table onto the dynamo DMF, reinstall the top into the Dynamo(?)
6) Or ... completely skip buying the ESPN table "if" the DYNAMO laminate will separate/de-laminate easy/in one large piece (vs snapping into a bunch of little pieces) then repaint the DYNAMO laminate w/the proper paint, re-drill the holes from the opposite side of the Dynamo laminate to clear the paint, glue the Dynamo laminate to the DMF and re-install the newly painted playing field back into the frame(!)
So, wishful thinking or plausible...?...